Time is precious, especially to bakers. The smallest problem can cause valuable lost time in production and that equals = MONEY. Plan a strategy that will help prevent breakdowns and ensure your productivity will keep going. Here is a list of monthly preventative measures for high-speed mixers you can do to help maintain production and prevent costly repairs in the future.
- Agitator-High Speed Roller Bars–Re-torque bolts. Replace as needed.
- Agitator-High Speed Roller Bars –Check for side-to-side motion.
- Agitator Shaft Bearings Check for undue noise, vibration, excessive heat.
- Bowl Mounting Re-torque all bolts.
- Canopy–Check flour gate system.
- Canopy–Inspect all seals for damage or wear. Replace as needed.
- Gear Reducer–Check oil level, quality. Monthly
- Gear Reducer–Drain, flush, refill reservoir. (Six Months)
- Hydraulic Tilt System–Change fluid. (Six Months)
- Hydraulic Tilt Cylinders–Manually grease rod ends.
- Motor Coupling–Check rubber element. Check set screws.
- Refrigeration System–Check for refrigerant leaks.
- Refrigeration System Replace refrigeration hose (DX only).(Yearly)
- Bowl Side Seals–Check for adjustment and wear.
Here at Peerless, we highly recommend a PMP or Production Maintenance Program. This program offers inspections to your machine in a 6, 12, 24 and 36 month interval. Our technicians will inspect, repair, calibrate and document machinery performance, as well as provide technical training to operations and maintenance personnel. To learn more about this program visit us today at http://www.peerlessfood.com/parts-and-service/